Monday, April 01, 2013

Spring Training

Spring Training is upon us! I'm officially registered for the 2013 Ride & Run to Remember in October. This year I'll be riding the 55 mile bike ride on Saturday, October 12th...then running the 5k on Sunday, October 13th. I'm a Road Warrior!

I'll be trying to keep my blog up to date and full of interesting stuff as I work towards this monumental challenge. I've already gotten back in the gym and done some short treadmill runs and stationary bike rides, and I've begun swimming laps as well. Hopefully the spring will actually get sprung at some point soon and outdoor activities won't involve heavy winter clothes and freezing toes!

This year my fundraising goal is $1,000. I'd love to hit it early on, so I plan on organizing some fundraising events in the next few months to help me meet my goal. I'll keep everyone posted on those here. In the meantime, feel free to drop by www.nleomf.org and look for the Ride & Run to Remember icon...you can search for my name (Henderson) to check out my donation page. I'll post a direct link here soon.

No comments: