Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Kicking it up...

I kicked it up a notch last night, running 10.12 miles on a path through my neighborhood. I started out just after 7pm and did my first mile at a really fast (for me) pace of 9 mins 51 secs, then slowed down a bit and averaged around 11.5 mins per mile for the duration. It got really dark, really quickly and I soon regretted not bringing a flashlight or wearing more reflective clothing. Luckily traffic is very minimal in my area and running in the direction of oncoming traffic helped me avoid any mishaps. I had hoped to finish out a half-marathon distance of 13.1 miles, but with the darkness and late hour I couldn't justify 3 more miles. I hope to finish up a 13.1 miler before the end of the week though, to serve as my entry into the NerdHerd Banned Books Week 5k/Half Marathon virtual event.

No comments: