Tuesday, October 04, 2011

42 Miles for my 42%

I've done 42 miles on the bike in the past 48 hours...kind of fitting since I am currently sitting at 42% of my fundraising goal.

Rode 20.05 miles on Monday around Whitsett, it was nice but particularly windy which slowed my pace somewhat.

Got to ride Greensboro today, around the Battleground Avenue area and the Railroad greenway...did 22+ miles at around 12.5 mph average speed. It was very pleasant outside and the ride was nice, but my knee started bothering me a bit around mile 17 and never let up. Going to have to start wearing a brace when I ride these longer distances apparently.

I'll be taking the next 5 days off from riding, got to get the bike in for a service before the big event and since I'm working nights the next two days followed by a living history event over the weekend, it's the perfect opportunity to get it done. Not to mention the needed rest for my knees.

The plan is to pick back up for a final training push next week with a couple of short rides on Monday and Tuesday before work, then a good long ride on Wednesday and Thursday, then take a final stab at the 31 miler on Friday morning. I'll be packing up and heading out by late afternoon on Friday, resting as I play tourist in DC on Saturday, then doing the Ride & Run to Remember on Sunday, October 16th. It's so nice to have a plan laid out...let's just hope it all comes together.

No comments: