Saturday, October 15, 2011

Mission: DC

I arrived safely in the DC metro area last night and took some time to relax after the long drive. Had a nice sushi dinner in National Harbor where my wife and I got our hotel. Spent today playing "tourist" in the city, checking out the NLEOM, a few of the Smithsonian museums, the WWII Memorial, and even made a stop by Ford's Theatre. Not only that, I got within 100 feet of Al Sharpton...apparently they're having some sort of festivities around the MLK memorial today and tomorrow.

Also got a chance to stop in the DC FOP lodge and pick up my ride packet, rider number and some nice apparel for the ride. The ladies working the packet distribution were super nice and got me hooked up with all my swag for the ride. I'll be sporting number 699 tomorrow if anyone gets any photos of me on the route, or if we make the news.

Wish me luck...

1 comment:

Henderson Photography said...

Have a good ride! Be safe!