Saturday, June 15, 2013

Fun in Forest Oaks

Last night I went for a run around the Forest Oaks neighborhood. It was relatively warm out at 79 degrees, and I had little sleep yesterday...I wasn't expecting much, but I knew I needed to keep plugging away since my week had been rather light on physical activity. I was surprised when I finished to find I logged my fastest 5k ever, averaging just under 12 minutes per mile and finishing the first 3.1 miles of my run in 36 minutes exactly. I was very happy with myself. I also weighed in yesterday at 162 lbs, which is my lightest weight in over a year...still a long way to go, but I'm pleased.

This morning I put the feet to the pedals and rode a nice long ride, finishing 16.05 miles in touch over an hour. I averaged 15.2 mph throughout the very hilly course I chose, and that's pretty good for me...especially considered I ran a 5k less than 24 hrs earlier.

This coming week I'll be exploring some new running locations while I'm on vacation, sadly the bike isn't going to make the trip...but that's one less excuse to run, so it'll be good for me.

No comments: