Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Atlantic & Yadkin Railroad Greenway

Got a slight break in the weather today and managed to get out for a ride. Since I had nothing else to do today, I decided to get a little change of scenery and headed to Greensboro for my ride. I started out at my favorite park, Guilford Courthouse National Military Park, and navigated my way along the newly completed leg of the Atlantic & Yadkin Railroad Greenway. It was quite nice, although it abruptly ended with no signage in a shopping center. I feel like it probably continued on from there, but with no signs I wasn't going to get adventurous today...I still remember my last 'sign-less' greenway adventure. So I turned around and re-traced my route back to Guilford Courthouse and then continued on along the older stretch of the greenway down to Bur-Mil Park. It was really nice out, though a bit chilly, with bright sunshine...I needed to recharge my solar batteries after the last few days of gloomy mess. There were a lot of bikers and runners out today, which was nice to see. After swinging around near the dead end of the greenway, I again re-traced my steps back to Guilford Courthouse for a final loop through the park along the tour road. All in all I managed to get in 16.5 miles today. I feel good about that, considering it's been a week since my last trek...here's hoping the weather continues to be nice from here on out, so I can keep up my pace and keep upping my mileage.

No comments: