Sunday, March 25, 2012

It's a long road, to the top...

Rough weather this past week...it's been nice, sunny and warm; then bam...cold and rainy. Haven't had a lot of time to do much outside, so I've contented myself to do a lot of indoor stretching and some cardio workouts. Not having a gym close by the house cuts down on what activities I can do on a rainy day. But enough excuses. I didn't hit the bike today, the roads are a little muddy and I didn't want to get too far from the house in case the storms came back for an encore. So, I hit the neighborhood sidewalks on foot...I'm off and running again!

Cami, my wife, has decided she wants to run a half-marathon. So, in order to help keep her motivated I'm putting back on my running shoes and doing some running in addition to my biking. We're planning on running a Law Enforcement 5k to support Special Olympics on May 19th in Greensboro, NC...so I'll be mixing up my training days between riding and running for the next few months.

Today I did 1.17 miles using the Galloway method. I ran 1 minute, then walked 1 minute in a continuous cycle for a solid 15 minutes. Tomorrow will hopefully be a biking day, and then Tuesday will be a gym day. Wednesday I'll pound pavement again with an approximately 10% increase in time and distance on my run. 

No comments: