Friday, July 12, 2013

Feel the Burn!

Today I continued with my stupidity, thinking "why would I need to take a rest day, I've only logged 50+ miles this week between my rides and runs?"

I took off after lunch for a quick mile run to keep my legs feeling loose and ended up doing 5.59 miles. I ran the first mile, then alternated walking and running every 1/2 mile for the duration. I think I probably would have gone much farther had I not wound up back in front of my house. I'm finding that running in my neighborhood (and biking for that matter too) is somewhat counter-productive, in that I run out of places to go without doing laps which I find to be inherently boring.

So, after a somewhat healthy dinner I decided to go for a bike ride to keep up the action and ensure I met my Nike+ Fuel goal for the day. I ended up riding 11.5 miles, which puts me at a total of 49.19 miles in the saddle this week. Add that to the 18.74 miles I've run and I'm just shy of 70 miles this week. I plan on riding tomorrow if all goes well, in hopes of surpassing the 75 mile mark for the week. I'm not sure my knees can take another run, but knowing me I'll probably do it anyway.

No comments: