Friday, July 26, 2013

Pushing the limits!

Today I woke up and decided I'd try a morning run...I've always run in the afternoon or late at night, never in the morning. It was still reasonably cool outside when I started, but my legs were feeling really stiff and sore. I trudged along at a nice slow pace for a mile and then locked into a pattern of walk .25 mile, run .75 mile for the duration. I challenged myself mentally to exceed my maximum distance to date with a goal of 6 miles. I ended up running 7.02 miles and keeping an average pace of 12:24 per mile...not bad if I do say so myself. I really felt like I could have gone a little further today, but my route brought me back by the house and I always have such a hard time going on after I see it sitting there, calling out to me with cool air conditioning and magical snacks of power. But sometimes giving into temptation is a good thing.

Today's run put me at 48.49 miles this month...with 5 days left I think I'll be surpassing the 50 miles per month mark, which has me smiling from ear to ear. I would have never thought a year ago that I'd be running 50 miles a month.

Tomorrow I plan on biking and then Sunday I'm planning to do both a run and a ride...we'll see how it turns out!

No comments: