Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Slow down, cool down.

After pushing myself just about as hard as I could during the last 7 days, I took a little break Sunday...I only rode 20 miles on my bike. No running, in an attempt to let my body recover a bit. Monday I went out for a 3.5 mile run around the neighborhood, but did no bike ride. Yesterday I slacked completely and did nothing but some walking during my regular workday...I regret that already, I missed my Nike+ Fuel goal for the first time in 9 days. So today I'm working a half day and planning on going for a run and a bike ride before heading out to see one of my favorite bands, Toad the Wet Sprocket, play a show. Still going to try and take it a little easy though, as I have the Moonlight Bootlegger 5k coming up on Friday night and I want to make sure my body has enough energy to complete it in good time!

No comments: