Sunday, July 28, 2013

Wheelin' and Reelin'

Got back in the saddle today, so to speak. I've been spending a lot of time running of late and had been neglecting my bicycles a bit...so today I went out to ride in Greensboro. I started out on the Guilford Courthouse National Military Park road, then veered off into Country Park and did their circular park road, then back into GCHNMP and finished up their loop before turning off onto the Yadkin & Atlantic Greenway. I took it all the way to the end, and then circled back the way I came. I had hoped to venture off onto one of the mountain bike trails, but they were all closed due to mudslides resulting from a heavy storm that ripped through the area yesterday. So I returned to my starting point and did another lap around GCHNMP and Country Park to finish out my ride. It ended up being 17.52 miles, although honestly it didn't feel that far...I could have kept going but I was back near my truck and really wasn't feeling the idea of re-riding the same circuit again. I really need to get up to Galax again and ride the New River Trail...it's long enough that I don't have to worry about riding the same section more than twice on any given trip.


No comments: