Monday, September 19, 2011

2 Posts in 1 Day...Wow!

Just when you thought it was safe to go back on the internet, a second blog post arrives! Ha!

Got out on the road this evening and logged a nice long ride. My GPS tracking program got all fubar on me so I had to manually go in and re-drawn my route on the map. I erred on the side of caution, or rather underestimated my distance, as I couldn't quite remember the serpentine route I took through one of the neighborhoods...I think I left off about a 1/2 mile in there somewhere. But regardless, I rode at least 14.19 miles in 1 hour and 10 minutes. This included some hellacious hills on the backroads of Whitsett.

I learned a valuable lesson though, always drive your route before you go off and ride it on a bike...had I know those monster hills were there I would have gone a different route. I think I made good time considering the extremely slow pace I had on those hills, (I probably could have walked them faster but I stuck it out and stayed on the seat peddling my arse off!) and it still put me in line to do the 31 miler in around 2 to 2.5 hours.

No comments: