Friday, September 09, 2011

On the Road Again.

Got back on the road today. Having been confined to indoor training on the Cycle Ops Trainer the last few days, I made the push to get back out on the road today and logged a pretty nice ride here in Whitsett.

Started out strong with some nice big hills and then worked my way across US 70 into the back side of Brightwood Farms. Road some of the new areas under construction and was enjoying myself thoroughly...right up until I reached for my water bottle and realized it was still sitting on the counter at the house. Yikes! So I slowed my pace a little and took a short detour by my friend Alex's front porch to take a swig out of his outside faucet (hope you don't mind buddy, no one was home and the hose was all hooked up and calling out to me!). Finished out with a nice hard ride down a 3/4 mile stretch of graded gravel and back into my neighborhood for a few final hills.

You can check out the ride by heading over to my facebook page or heading over to my profile on mapmyride.com

On a somewhat more serious note, fundraising has stalled out at a measly 18% of my overall goal. I know that there are people out there that want to help out this worthy cause, so spread the word and help me meet my goal! If everyone I ask were to give only $1 it would far exceed my overall goal and help out the NLEOM a whole lot.

Tomorrow I'm planning a leisure ride with Cami up in Galax at the Shot Tower park...should be real nice with the forecast calling for low 70's and clear skies.

Day: 10
Distance: 7.9 miles
Pace: 12.2mi/h 

No comments: