Sunday, September 11, 2011

New River Trail

Got up bright and early yesterday and headed out to the area near Galax, Virgina for a ride along the New River Trail with Cami. We got in a nice 12.65 mile ride along the reclaimed railroad line that weaves along the side of the New River. The weather was perfect and the ride was very pleasant. Cami is new to biking so our pace was a little easier, but we averaged an 8 minute mile which isn't too shabby for her first major outing at high altitude.







I plan on heading back there in the next few weeks for a solo ride...I'd like to do a 31 mile trek before the big event just to see how it goes time-wise on a trail like this.

On the fundraising front, I've broken the $100 mark and I'm now a little over 1/5th of the way to my goal! Please continue to support my efforts and the NLEOMF.

No comments: