Saturday, May 18, 2013

And the rain came down...

The weather here in NC has been so bizarre this year. Yesterday it hit 90 degrees so I stayed inside and worked on re-finishing an unused bedroom into my music/relaxation room. Today the temp only reached 72 degrees, but there has been a series of nasty thunderstorms rolling through the area. I managed to squeeze in a 3.3 mile run between storms, so I don't feel too bad about myself right now. I kept my pace under 13 minutes per mile, averaging 12:36 per mile. I maintained as close to a 5:1:5 run:walk:run ratio as possible, running for 5 straight minutes then doing an even paced walk for 1 minute before returning to a run for 5 minutes. There were a few times I went over on the running phase by a few seconds, but I stayed tight on the walking phases and really made sure I didn't go over the 1 minute mark. I think this ratio is pretty good overall, and I think I'm improving. I don't feel nearly as winded today as I did Thursday, but then the temperature was quite a bit lower today too. I plan on doing a nice long bike ride tomorrow if the weather cooperates to keep my cycling up to snuff while I continue to improve my running skills.

No comments: