Thursday, May 16, 2013

Keep on running, just keep running...

Ran 3.03 miles today after dinner. It was a little warm outside at 80 degrees, but not so bad in the shady areas of my neighborhood. I kept up an average pace under 13 minutes per mile with my run/walk method...I'm pleased with this and hope to be able to maintain it as I continue to increase my mileage. I plan on trying a 5 miler this weekend...here's hoping for nice weather.

On a different note, I've been mixing it up between logging bike rides with MapMyRide and runs with Nike+. My last two runs I've had to log with MapMyRide because my Nike+ sensor has been acting up since I bought my new shoes...either New Balance shoes have an anti-Nike+ feature or my battery has finally died in my sensor. I plan on getting a new one tonight if all goes well, let's hope that works for a while. I really like logging my runs with Nike+ because their webpage really keeps up with my progress over time a lot better than other options. My only complaint is that they don't seem to have a feature to allow me to manually input runs from where my sensor was messed up.

Meanwhile, here's a horrible photo from my first ever 5k run several years ago in Burlington, NC.


No comments: