Thursday, May 23, 2013

Greenway Run

Hit one of the Greenways in Greensboro for a run today between thunderstorms. I managed a new distance record for myself since I started back running, doing 4.42 miles at an average pace of 13:06 per mile. In all fairness I took a 10 minute walking break around the 3.65 mile mark, but I that was at a point on the trail where the pavement was very wet and slick and very steep. Rather than break my neck I did it at a leisurely and safe stroll. But I'm pleased with my overall results. Mile 1 was done at 11:29 per mile; mile 2 was done at 12:29 per mile; mile 3 was done at 13:19, mile 4 was done at 14:47 per mile; and the last .42 mile was done at 12:53. Had it not been so slick I think if have been well under the 13 minute per mile mark rather than right on top of it.

Tomorrow is a rest day while I go protect and serve...then a planned run for Saturday and a ride for Sunday.

No comments: