Sunday, May 05, 2013

Expedition Everest Challenge!

On a whim, I decided to go visit a friend at Walt Disney World this weekend. After seeing his impressive rack of Disney running medals, I decided I should get in on the action. It so happened that this weekend was the Expedition Everest Challenge, a 5k race with obstacles and a puzzle/mental challenge at the end. I found out and I was so psyched! I went over to the registration expo on Friday, only to learn the event had been sold out for months. Enter Mary, my new hero at RunDisney. She managed to pull a few strings and I got in and was able to participate last night...and I say last night loosely, as I am just getting back from the event. I did pretty well I think in what was only my second 5k ever. The extra mileage for the obstacles and mental challenge took the 5k up to a 4.95 Mile event...wasn't expecting that! But I had a blast, and I plan to do more RunDisney events in the future. A ton of thanks again to Mary and of course my pal Justin, who played host to me this weekend. It was hard to get good photos, as it was a nighttime event and as great as apple products are, they still don't work well in the dark....but here are a few anyway.









No comments: